Respect is the foundation from which we work. We think it is quite logical that what is yours, remains yours. Therefore, your privacy is very important to us, and as a result, our ordering system and our site are designed in such a way that you can shop without having to worry about your safety. We keep all your personal information confidential and only use it to process and dispatch your orders as quickly and easily as possible, and to keep in touch with you. Other than that (should the occasion arise), we would only use your information with your prior consent. We won’t hand over or sell your information to any third party, and we only make it available to the parties involved in processing your order.
This website is operated by PureStem Beauty Inc. The website address for PureStem Beauty Inc is https://purestembeauty.com. The mailing address for PureStem Beauty Inc. is:
PureStem Beauty Inc,
Unit 115 1057 Langford Parkway
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada V9B 0A5.
By using this website, you agree that your access to and use of this website and all purchases of merchandise through this website are subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this legal notice and all applicable laws and that any such access or use is undertaken at your own risk. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, please exit this site immediately. These terms and conditions further are subject to change at any time without prior notice. Any such changes will be reflected on this page of this website.
This site is created and controlled by PureStem Beauty Inc. Use of this site will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws and regulations of the province of British Columbia without giving effect to any conflict of law principles. By purchasing merchandise through this site, you agree that the offer and sale of such merchandise takes place in, and will be governed exclusively by the laws of British Columbia without giving effect to any conflict of law principles. You also agree that any legal or equitable claim against PureStem Beauty Inc. arising from or related to your use of this site or the purchase of merchandise from this site must be brought in the city, provincial or federal courts located in Canada.
The privacy of our website visitors is very important to us, and we are committed to safeguarding it. This policy explains what we will do with your personal information.
B. Collecting personal information
The following types of personal information may be collected, stored, and used:
- information about your computer including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, and operating system;
- information about your visits to and use of this website including the referral source, length of visit, page views, and website navigation paths;
- information, such as your email address, that you enter when you register with our website;
- information that you enter when you create a profile on our website—for example, your name, profile pictures, gender, birthday;
- information, such as your name and email address, that you enter in order to set up subscriptions to our emails and/or newsletters;
- information that you enter while using the services on our website;
- information that is generated while using our website, including when, how often, and under what circumstances you use it;
- information relating to anything you purchase, services you use, or transactions you make through our website, which includes your name, address, telephone number, email address, and credit card details;
- information contained in any communications that you send to us by email or through our website, including its communication content and metadata;
- any other personal information that you send to us.
Before you disclose to us the personal information of another person, you must obtain that person’s consent to both the disclosure and the processing of that personal information in accordance with this policy
C. Using your personal information
Personal information submitted to us through our website will be used for the purposes specified in this policy or on the relevant pages of the website. We may use your personal information for the following:
- administering our website and business;
- personalizing our website for you;
- enabling your use of the services available on our website;
- sending you goods purchased through our website;
- sending statements, invoices, and payment reminders to you, and collecting payments from you;
- sending you non-marketing commercial communications;
- sending you email notifications that you have specifically requested;
- sending you our email newsletter, if you have requested it (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require the newsletter);
- sending you marketing communications relating to our business or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you, by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
- providing third parties with statistical information about our users (but those third parties will not be able to identify any individual user from that information);
- dealing with inquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to our website;
- keeping our website secure and preventing fraud;
- verifying compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of our website and other uses.
Your privacy settings can be used to limit the publication of your information on our website and can be adjusted using privacy controls on the website.
We will not, without your express consent, supply your personal information to any third party for their or any other third party’s direct marketing.
D. Disclosing personal information
We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers, or subcontractors as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group of companies (this means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and all its subsidiaries) as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
We may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling; and
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
E. Retaining personal information
- This Section sets out our data retention policies and procedure, which are designed to help ensure that we comply with our legal obligations regarding the retention and deletion of personal information.
- Personal information that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
- Without prejudice to this section, we will usually delete personal data falling within the categories set out below at the date/time set out below:
– personal data type will be deleted 2 years after the last purchase;
- Notwithstanding the other provisions of Section G, we will retain documents (including electronic documents) containing personal data:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- if we believe that the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings; and
- in order to establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
F. Security of your personal information
- We will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse, or alteration of your personal information.
- We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall-protected) servers.
- All electronic financial transactions entered through our website will be protected by encryption technology.
- You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the Internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the Internet.
- You are responsible for keeping the password you use for accessing our website confidential; we will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to our website).
We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you understand any changes to this policy. We may notify you of changes to this policy by email or through the private messaging system on our website.
H. Your rights
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you; provision of such information will be subject to the following:
- the payment of a fee; and
- the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity (for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a notary plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address).
We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
You may instruct us at any time not to process your personal information for marketing purposes.
In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
I. Third-party websites
Our website includes hyperlinks to, and details of, third-party websites. We have no control over and are not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of third parties.
J. Updating information
Please let us know if the personal information that we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
- The names of the cookies that we use on our website, and the purposes for which they are used, are set out below:
– we use Google Analytics and Bing on our website to recognize a computer when a user visits the website for purposes of tracking users as they navigate the website, enable the use of a shopping cart on the website, improve the website’s usability, analyze the use of the website, administer the website, prevent fraud and improve the security of the website, personalize the website for each user;
- Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies—for example:
- in Microsoft Edge you can block cookies using the cookie handling override settings available by clicking “Tools,” “Internet Options,” “Privacy,” and then “Advanced”;
- in Firefox you can block all cookies by clicking “Tools,” “Options,” “Privacy,” selecting “Use custom settings for history” from the drop-down menu, and unticking “Accept cookies from sites”; and
- in Chrome, you can block all cookies by accessing the “Customize and Control” menu, clicking “Settings,” “Show advanced settings,” and “Content settings,” and then selecting “Block sites from setting any data” under the “Cookies” heading.
Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact on the usability of many websites. If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on our website.
- You can delete cookies already stored on your computer—for example:
- in Microsoft Edge, you must manually delete cookie files (you can find instructions for doing so at https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/4468242/microsoft-edge-browsing-data-and-privacy-microsoft-privacy);
- in Firefox you can delete cookies by clicking “Tools,” “Options,” and “Privacy”, then selecting “Use custom settings for history”, clicking “Show Cookies,” and then clicking “Remove All Cookies”; and
- in Chrome, you can delete all cookies by accessing the “Customize and Control” menu, clicking “Settings,” “Show advanced settings,” and “Clear browsing data,” and then selecting “Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data” before clicking “Clear browsing data.”
Deleting cookies will have a negative impact on the usability of many websites.